Rigid-flexible PCBs Design Cost Introduce
Rigid-flex PCB Designer Introduce Cost
We have introduced Rigid-flex PCB Cost comparison of design.
Most of the time we just consider the price of Rigid-flexible PCBs design.
This post we will discuss how Rigid-flex PCB Designers thoughts.
Why Rigid-flexible PCBs design always be more expensive?
You are merging multiple boards into one design, only one design is needed with a rigid flex.
Often with a rigid PCB/cable solution, multiple PCB designs and multiple cable assembly designs are required.
The costs for generating each design should be calculated and included when doing a cost comparison of both solutions.
Top 6 Factors Related Rigid-flex PCB Design Process should Consider
- Communicate with the fabricator! If you have any questions, please contact rigid-flex PCB experts
- Qualify the fabricator’s capability to build the planned rigid-flex design.
- Involve the fabricator as early as possible in the design process.
- Collaborate so the design’s layer stack matches the fabricator’s processes.
- Use IPC-2223 as the common point of reference with the fabricator. Otherwise, communication in the form of documentation can cause errors and misunderstandings resulting in costly delays.
- Graduate from delivering Gerber files to the fabricator. Instead, deliver files in ODB++ (v7.0 or later) or in a format that meets IPC-2581 because either format identifies specific layer types for clear documentation.
If you have any questions about Rigid-flexible PCBs design cost, please do not hesitate to ask 4MCPCB.com experts.